Monday, January 7, 2013

Just an important update!!

     I will say again!! I say this over and over to everyone I talk to. Do not let Hepatitis C get you down! You need to get a good support system around you! You need your family and friends. You need to also reach out to a local support group and if there isn't one in your area start one. That is what I did 8 years ago and we started with just two people but once the word got out we grew like crazy, almost 100. I am so blessed! I pray the people I have and do talk to are just as blessed. I really have my heart into bringing the awareness to my community and more. Heck I have people even outside of my community that I am making aware. That's a blessing too!
     See Hepatitis C is changing alot in the next 5 years. They are finally realizing that the facts. Hepatitis C is taking America! Please know that facts!!! Hepatitis C, lets see the CDC and A.L.F. , both say that for every 1 case of AIDS being reported in America that there is 5 to 6 cases being reported!! It is very very important for everyone to reach out and stop being shy or scared of the Stigma. Stigma. Who invited that word or action anyway? I think that word should be erased from the dictionary. Period..... If You have been in the service, had a blood transfusion before 1992 or any type of blood to blood type of things before 1992, if you use drugs in anyway. Snorting drugs is just as dangerous as IV use. See IV is bad yes and the worst in the drug world, but snorting behind someone is becoming just as scary. Because snorting any drug can cause your nose to bleed inside and just one drop of blood with the Hepatitis C Virus in it can live outside the body for 30 plus days! So the tool you use to snort behind someone is very full of disease. If you are in the medical field and have ever been stuck then yes you need to get tested and tested regularly I would say. The new word out is that all baby boomers get tested now. There is also those who are getting Body Piercing's or Tattoo's in a shop that doesn't have this very very expensive, that cleans the tools they use. This is the main form of transmission right now in America! And I am not putting Tattoo's or piercings down, I am just saying be safe. Hepatitis C is in this world bad! So check your Tattoo shops for Sterilizing machine's? Please check them they have to show it to you if you ask. So please be sure to ask!!! Well the treatment for Hepatitis C is going crazy right now, with the spread being worse then AIDS in America! Please please get tested. Two ways to do it without any insurance is. 1. Go to your local Health Department and ask for the Hepatitis C test. And. 2. Donate your blood. These are two free ways of being tested. So you should never have a reason not to get tested. If you are sitting thinking well what about that time? Then get tested!! What you have doesn't make you who you are. You are a person with or without Hepatitis C. Please if you are a Negative person (do not have Hepatitis C) Please do not shoo away someone who is Positive. Open your heart then your minds and get educated!!
     Okay as far as the home base here well things are crazy but good. God is very active in our hearts and my family. Thank you God is something i was singing when I found out that I didn't have to have Valve Replacement in my heart. That was alot of prayer. I thank all of you who have been praying. It really means alot to have the support system that I do! I have one awesome circle of family and friends. Thank you!! I am sorry I do not get post in regularly But alot is going on! And I am still new to the whole idea. After all being a trucker most of my life has really made me and the whole clerical side of me. Well lets just say it is slow. So I apologize. I am also in the running to make this year's HepFest Festival an awesome year. And really it is alot of work when I am sick alot. Just moving my stomach around or soreness of my Liver it makes me just want to sit in one spot and not move. But I am trying! Fighting for everyday. And grateful when I wake up in the morning with most of my body moving. The 3 Strokes really have scared me. Since I am having them in my sleep!! Very scary to wake up and not be able to move a body part and your mind not all the way like it was when I went to sleep the night before. It is a very lonely world that I live in but I am very loved by many and God has blessed me with the drive to find a cure for Hepatitis C. I love all of you who are supportive for my family and me!!! Hugssss to everyone!!!!
     Remember to smile at everyone you see! In hopes that they will pass it on!!!

God Bless you very much!!
Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment